Two brands of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runfox

In Runtime
I have an EVGA motherboard 133-K8-NF41-AX, I have 2 sticks (1gig each) of Corsair XMS DDR400 memory. I want to upgrade to 4 gig, so I bought 2 more sticks ( 1 gig each) of G.Slkill DDR400 ram. My question is will I have any problems with these two different brands memory on my MB running them dual channel? Both brands are DDR 400 , 184 pin , I was thinking I will keep like brands in dual channel slots, so I would have the corsair in DIMM 1, the G.Skill in DIMM 2, Corsair in DIMM 3, and G.Skill in DIMM 4. DIMM 2 & 4 or 1 & 3 are dual channel slots.

I am just trying to make sure I don't have any problems.

Thanks, I was wondering, I mean both memory brands are DDR400 184 pin. I dont have to worry about latency, timing and voltage too do I?

Good news, always register your software, hardware products, you never know when it may pay off.

My son bought this EVAG Nvidia 7800 GT video card , with free EVAG motherboard 133-K8-NF41-AX, as a promo back in 2005. He registered it , and built this computer , he later gave to me. Ever since he had it , the MB never worked in dual channel memory. It has a bad DIMM 3 and DIMM 4 slot. It had 2 GIG ram , but I wanted to upgrade it to 4 GIG in dual channel mode. He never followed up on getting it fixed from EVAG. I called them the other day, and since it was registered with them , and bought directly from them, they approved RMA for it.

Pretty cool, it has a limited lifetime warrenty, not bad for a 05 product. EVAG is a good comapny in that respect! So it pays to register products. Now I have to pull my comp apart and send the MB off to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom