HAF 932 worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsoul

In Runtime
Well I finally decided to dismantel my 932, paint it, and put it back together. I'm thinking a deep/dark flat red interior. Still planning the parts, and I haven't bought the paint yet. Will be drilling the rivets out as soon as this is posted. I will be posting pics periodically. I will be buying most of the parts in jan or feb as this is when my credit card will be paid off, and i will have an extra couple hundred a month to play with.

Current parts in my posession:
- Corsair 650tx
- Thermalright true copper ultra120
- Stock parts from HP a6700f

Projected upgrades(subject to change)
- M4A79T AM3 DDR3 mobo
- gpu - 4770 maybe
- Phenom II x4 965(125w) or x3 720 maybe
- whatever else i can get the $ for.

any thoughts or suggestions much welcome :)

Sanding is a PITA. took nearly 2 hours just to "scuff up" the rear panel with all its corners/recesses/grates etc. I think i did a decent job though. before i can through any pictures up i will need to throw my hardware back together so that i can upload from camera. This laptop won't do it.
One panel done, 5 to go... and the hdd racks, and the 5.25 rack, and the i/o shield housing.

1000? O.O
When I painted mine I started with 200, finished with 400 and still got a good finish after I painted.

I haven't modded a case paint job yet, but I've done plenty of other paint jobs. I don't think I'd ever go as low as 200, too easy to make a mistake. I usually do a quick pass using 400, then a longer pass with an 800 grit.

I'm using 400 grit, will make a couple passes with primer, then use an 800/1000 grit, spray, 1000-1500 grit, spray finish. only doing interior and it will be matte finish

edit: interior and rear panel that was same as interior color. if i do go red, should look nice with the black pci slot covers :)

edit 2: Anybody have any thoughts on how to tape off the case mesh so that the red paint doesn't get on the side of the mesh holes? i was thinking of trying to stick something in the hole, cutting the ends off, and taping over it on the outside. suggestions?

got my computer back in old case, and now I have pictures! i have up to this point sanded the rear panel, the i/o shield and pci slot piece, and i'm halfway done with the HDD rack. Time is hard to come by when working a full time job, and taking care of a 15month old. at this rate i might be done sanding by xmas haha.

all plastic off the HAF, ready to drill out the rivets
P1010337.jpg

my case in a bunch of little pieces. minus the side panels. after seeing it all apart like this, its more obvious how little air is restricted from entering/leaving this case, there are holes everywhere!
P1010339.jpg

haha, nice. I'm way to lazy to ever consider taking apart my whole case. Still going with the dark red inside? Gonna be matte or glossy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom