External DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboatgal33

Beta member
Hello! I hope i am posting this in the correct spot!

I am trying to install Adobe CS4, BUT have one problem...I only have a CD-RW drive in my computer and It needs a Dvd drive to install. Can i use my laptop or another computer with a dvd drive as an external drive to istall it on my computer? If so how?

You can put the DVD into the laptop and share it in the network so you can access it from your computer. Or take the DVD player from another computer, temporarily, and connect it to your computer.

how do i take it "temporarily" from a computer? ... i've tried the network thing.. .and it doesn't work... or maybe i'm not doing it right...

how do i take it "temporarily" from a computer?.

As in, remove the DVD drive from one computer, put it in the one which only has a CD drive, install Adobe and then put the DVD drive back in the computer it was in.

Or, depending on if the Adobe disc has copy protection, you can make an ISO of it.

Another work around would be to create an iso of the disk with a program such as nero. Move the iso file to the other computer either by the network or via a usb hard drive.

Use disk imaging software (such as virual clone drive) to install the iso file on the computer without a dvd drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom