Status
Not open for further replies.

brozium

Solid State Member
I've got an Acer Aspire AX3200-EF9100A

Specs:

AMD Phenom @ 1.80 Ghz

4gb DDR2 RAM

Hybrid SLi (9300 GE dedicated and 8200 GT onboard)

The problem is that today I came to the computer, turned the monitor on and my desktop appeared, then it went to "No Signal Input". I rebooted uselessly.

I have some tech knowledge but I can't get out of this.
Could the video card be the problem.

I'm not even able to see the boot screen or anything.
The monitor works fine with another computer.

HELP PLZ

Try connecting your monitor to the onboard output, or the graphics card output if it's already on the onboard.

If that fails, take out the 9300, reset the BIOS and plug the monitor into the onboard output.

To reset the BIOS you must
1. Unplug the power and press the pc's power button
2. Take out the round silver battery from your motherboard and press the power button again
3. put the battery back in the motherboard, plug the power back into the pc, and try booting again.

Thanks, trying it tomorrow. I don't have time now.

If this works, do I need to change my graphics card?

Hopefully not, if it works then first uninstall the drivers for the grapics card, then turn off the pc and install the graphics card again.

Dude, it turns on but it says that I need to configure the CPU Frequency in the POST.
I click F1 to continue and it says
"FAILED TO BOOT FROM SYSTEM DISK, PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND PRESS ENTER"

WTF!!

dude plz help me!!

Wait, I plugged the 9300GE and it booted normally, now apparently is loading as normal.

I'll report anything.

BSOD when logging to my account.

Booted from safe mode, I'm going to uninstall drivers.

should i do a system restore or reinstall drivers?
i've heard 191.07 nVidia drivers are bad.

Ok, thanks S0ULphIRE, my computer is working again. Now someone knows how to switch from VGA to DVI?

Lol, moment of panic there? All that stuff probably happened because you reset the BIOS. Nothing to worry about, just for future reference.

And yes, as Mak said just plug the monitor into the 9300's DVI output and select the right mode on your monitor.

Also, I've found you're right, the 191.07 drivers were buggy for me. Caused most of my games to experience issues after a while of playing. So I just use the one before (190.62?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom