160 dollar budget for new graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought the 4870, and added rushed shipping for like 2 dollars.

They claim that they can make it same day shipping and if not they refund the 2 dollars. Has anyone done this before?

wow same day shipping for an extra 2 dollars? that's amazing

What's an affordable PSU that can handle a 4870? thinking about this card as well^^

I just bought the 4870, and added rushed shipping for like 2 dollars.

They claim that they can make it same day shipping and if not they refund the 2 dollars. Has anyone done this before?

Dont' you mean rush processing? They mean they will make it ship out in the same day instead of the next. You won't get it in the same day. You gotta pay LOTS for that.

Newegg.com - Antec Basiq BP500U 500W Continuous Power ATX12V Version 2.01 Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Just got it.

Box looked nice, came with 2 molex to pci connectors, dvi to vga, etc.

Had a hard time finding the drivers though, didnt really find them on the ATI website, since they arent really clear, but I downloaded the catalyst thing and it seems to be fine.

Started up the left 4 dead 2 demo, and holy ****, it runs so smooth. 60 frames per second constantly, except for one moment when a bunch of zombies were in one area, and an explosion went off, I saw it go down to like 20 fps, and it like froze for a second. Yikes. Other than that, the game looked beautiful. Like I was playing on console, except with awesome graphics.

Going to see what kind of fps I get on crysis.

While playing crysis, my monitor shut off. And I thought my card died or something. I then rebooted the computer after making sure everything was snug and into place right and it booted up. Then when it booted up everything was big again, like it was before I installed the catalyst driver.

I went to properties and the color depth was 8 bit, which got me really confused. The catalyst is still installed, and so I came to the conclusion that I downloaded the wrong drivers. Right?

wrong.

I put in my driver disc that came with the card, and it told me that there were updated drivers for my card. It took me to the XFX site, and I registered, then registered my card. Afterwards, it took me to a download page, for the Catalyst driver. The same exact one I downloaded and installed before. So what do I do now? Is it something I did?

After the monitor turned off, after I rebooted, I enabled VGA mode by hitting f8, but I still have not disabled my onboard graphics, even though it wasn't an issue before.. Anyway, I will do this and then see what is up.

Went there and entered in all the info, and on the download page there were 2 drivers, one was catalyst, with the driver, and the other was just the standalone driver, so I got the driver by itself this time, hopefully it wont crash again?

And if it did, what would be causing it?

Went there and entered in all the info, and on the download page there were 2 drivers, one was catalyst, with the driver, and the other was just the standalone driver, so I got the driver by itself this time, hopefully it wont crash again?

And if it did, what would be causing it?

ps: on all High settings with no anti aliasing I was getting 50-60 fps in crysis before it crashed. That blows me away.

You're monitor must be quite low res.

Edit: yeah, I looked back a page and saw what res you said you were playing at. That is extremely minuscule lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom