Speedy Formatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokernod

In Runtime
:grin:I have purchased a new 1TB hard drive but Im not looking forward to my computer being down all day while windows SLOWLY :madd:formats it for the operating system.
So two questions:
1) I know I can format it very quickly with a partition manager, but is that the same......can I skip that part during OS install where I format and go right to installing? Or does it need to be formatted by windows :wtf:

2) If not, does anyone know a faster way to get this done during the install without quick formatting (moron question I already know the answer to, I know)

Thanks Guys

Well since it's a new hard drive doing a quick format is fine. Why do you not want to do one?

Gparted. Easiest way to do it and do it right. no matter how many times i try using the Windows quick format there is always some issue with something. Just use Gparted and save yourself the trouble. New drive or not it is far easier to take the 3 minutes to load GParted and format then to risk issues with the partition or file system using a junk format method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom