Hardware Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Yay my motherboard and CPU arrived. I ordered the ABit NF7-S2G and the 35w 2400+ XP-M, I'm gonna swap out my mobos and trade out the heatsinks and all that good stuff and have to do some wire management again, but I will report in a few hours to you guys with my new temps, OC if I've done it yet and all that good stuff! Or if something happens I guess I'll come crying back here asking 'Wha hoppened!?!' hehehe. IQYHA stepping yay

AXMD2400FJQ4C
IQYHA 0402TPMW

Hope to be back in a few. :D

i ordered mine new parts yesterday also, hope to be getting it by the end of this week or early next week. so i know how u feel.

I really want to hear how it goes... what hs and fan did u get? Also let us know if it is stable for you when it is overclocked to 2.2 ghz.

Yo yo! Everything booted up first try.....gotta love that eh? I just got done installing the vid card drivers and the mobo drivers before that. Still need to do the windows updates and whatnot. Buku restarts for me =/ Oh well.....one thing I did notice though, while I was going through the BIOS is that the SoftMenu isnt like what they describe here:

http://www.abit-usa.com/technology/softmenu.php

I didn't see the options for locking the AGP or even a ratio for it or anything like that. There's more options, but not as many as they are showing on that link. I installed the ABit Utility that would allow me to up the FSB if I wanted, but it doesn't allow you to change your Vcore through it. I'm running at 26C at 1.5 volts currently on default speed. I haven't gotten around to fully go through the BIOS yet since I'm just getting all necessary files installed first.

Anyone have this board or a variation of it that see's the options to lock AGP in the BIOS because I didn't see them. Anyway, I will report back with my OC but I'm not sure at what point I'll get to it tonight.

Lazerman - All I did was switch out the mobo and CPU and retained my HS and fan which is the SLK-900A heatsink and the 80mm vantec tornado for the fan :D Forgot to mention that all my fans aren't even on high and it's 26C so I should have no problem with OC'ing and temps :D

I'm wondering if I do indeed need to update the BIOS because it's showing my CPU with a multi of 6 and the FSB was default 100, but I already adjusted it to it's needed 133. I went through the "Softmenu" and set it to EXPERT to allow all the options and there's still no options for locking AGP or an CPU:AGP:pCI ratio and I don't even see a section that refers to the multi.......soooo yeah... I don't know why it wouldn't show me the multiplier in the BIOS because right now I'm only running at like 828MHz because my FSB is 138 and the multi is 6......what the hell is that about. Anyone happen to know?

Ok well I just tried to use the Flash utility and it says my motherboard is not supported......aint that some crap? So yeah I've hit up their tech support to find out why exactly they claim all these options in the BIOS yet there are none there. Even my MSI board had the option to change the Multiplier and I don't even see that option at all in this BIOS!

Yeah they do. And it said my mobo wasn't supported.......right...so anyway I just updated the BIOS...but that did nothing. I'm reading through the manual and under the BIOS setup section it shows the BIOS I need under NF7/NF7-S/NF7-M and the BIOS I have is on the next page where at the top it says FOR NF7-S2/NF7-S2G ......now....why the hell would they say their softmenu has allllllll these options on their webpage, but come to find out you have to get the NF7-S if you want that which most people said was a buggy and unstable board compared to the NF7-S2.......so why doesn't the S2 have the same options? So needless to say this is pretty lame and it looks like I might have to return this board or something because I bought it specifically for the options and they aren't giving me any =/

Well that sux arse. Would the AN7 be any better? Looks like I'm upgrading to the NF7-S instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom