Time to OC my i7 920

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I haven't changed anything yet... I appreciate the input guys!

"To hit the OC you want just change "CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) (133)" to 161. and "Memory Frequency (1600mhz/2:12)" to 2:10. You could also probably lower the voltage to like 1.2 or lower."

What is that going to do? Sorry but I like to know the ins and outs of exactly what is going on... When you say the "voltage" which are you talking about? The CPU VCore? I'll post the HWMonitor in a few with stock everything that was in my list...

Do you have a link to those programs I should be using to test with Slaymate? I already have the HWMonitor :)

Yes he was talking about the vcore.
And come on dude, you should find programs like that for yourself. e.g. I just googled 'linX Download' and I clicked on the first link. Download Linx, Linx 5.52 Build 510 Download dada! lol

Just do what nubbleet said, bump your cpu host frequency to 161 and watch your memory speeds, keep them at stock for the moment (you'll have to adjust the ratio to do that, as nubbleet also told you)

You look ok, your temps are a little higher than what I'd expect to see, but your house maybe running the heater.

Do what's been suggested but leave your voltage where it's at for now. Run LinX for about 10 passes to start with and have HWMonitor running at the same time (post a screenshot).

You shouldn't have any problems but if you do these are what you'll probably see.

If you get a BSOD 0x00000101 increase the CPU Vcore voltage

If you get a BSOD 0x00000124 increase the CPU VTT voltage

Ok so I'm gonna run LinX tonight and see what happens. Here is the link I used from one of the Overclock.net forums for LinX because the one posted above didn't make any sense to me lol...

Link: Linx: www.youwatched.com/datajay/linx(0.63).7z

Here is what the post has: "At least 20 runs of Linx passed with no errors, using a problem size no less than 25,000 (This will require your system to have around 4.8 GB of free memory, which should not be a problem for the majority of core i7 users. Allowing Linx to load and then unload seems to free up some additional memory.)"

Is having the problem size at 25,000 ok? I'm assuming I'm gonna have to run it for awhile... if it does blue screen where do you check to see what BSOD it was...(per Slaymate I'll need to bump the Vcore or the VTT voltage up) what increments should I go by as far as the voltage goes?

Bump it up by 2 notches, because if it BSOD's it shows it's really unstable, and if you only do one bump good chance it will error.

I know I sound like a newb but how do I check which one it was? It flashed and just shut off... Slaymate gave the BSOD's for each but it was quick and shut off... Would running LinX on the stats I posted be fine? (problem size 25,000)... Sorry for being a newb lol...

Yes running LinX would be fine on the posted stats. Here's a little more detailed BSOD analysis.

When to raise VCore:
BSOD 101 "Clock Interrupt not received from Secondary Processor"
LinX errors happen within 1 min of LinX
LinX produces BSOD within the first minute

When to raise CPU VTT Voltage:
BSOD 124 "general hardware failure"
LinX errors happen only after 10 min or more
LinX hangs but does not BSOD
LinX reboots without BSOD

So LinX has been running for like 8 hours on problem size 24,729 and memory 4685. I had times to run on 10 and all I am seeing is it is saying testing... with the bar in the middle saying elapsed times... how long does one "run" take? Thanks for the info on the BSOD's Nubbleet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom