need help with shutdown before logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabberg27

Solid State Member
I keep getting an error
saying my computer is going to shutdown in 1 minute and of course it does do this. I cant figure how to fix it.

It has an error code C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe -214748645 status code and it will boot in all safe modes but I can istill cant figure out how to fix the problem

Ok I did the chkdsk c: and it said I have problems but if I go with chkdsk c:/f/r it tells me it cannot run because the volume is in use by another process and wants me to schedule at restart and when I resart it doesnt even come on

I went into fsutil dirty query and the link u gave me trotter said that it should read c: is not dirty but guess what it says c: is Dirty

Try this. In Computer or My Computer (depends on which version of Windows you have), right-click on the C: drive and choose Properties. Once there, choose the Tools tab. Under Error Checking, click Check Now. Choose both "Automatically fix file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors", then click Start. This should force the computer to reboot and run chkdsk for you.

no that didnt work either I tried that also in the link you gave me it said that the drive has to be locked. well how do you lock it

Boot to the XP Cd. Go into the Recovery Console. There type sfc /scannow and let that go. After that type in chkdsk /r /f and let that scan.

it said that the drive has to be locked. well how do you lock it
It locks on reboot. If the disk is in use, like, say, running Windows, it can't be locked.

Do what Mak said. That was the next thing to try. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom