Problem with Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristopherkd

Beta member
Hello, I've recently run into an issue when I'm playing games on my computer. The games in question are Prince of Persia 08 and Bioshock. Shortly after I start playing these games my computer screen will go half pixelated, and then continue to freeze, resulting in me having to manually reset my computer. I have a NVidia Geforce 9800 GT, so I don't believe that it's a problem with limitations. I've also played games like Aion, Left 4 Dead, WoW, Spore with no problems. I installed a cheap fan just in case I was over heating it, and even turned the settings down on the games, but nothing has changed. If anyone has any idea what it might be, please let me know. Someone suggested at work it might be that my card is fried, however, I'm not too sure. Thanks in advance.

Additional Details
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

6.00GB

64-bit Operating System

NVidia Geforce 9800 GT

Let me know if you need any more specifics. Pretty fusterated at this at the moment :( (I'd rather PC game than console).

Do you have the latest drivers from nvidia and are both of the games fully updated with the latest patches?

I've installed both patches for the nvidia card and the game patches before I posted, still ended up having these problems. I ran the test with FurMark, and over the span of 2 minutes it recorded from 67 to 90 temp. I had the Log GPU temp box checked as well as the Fullscreen option and the screen size at 1680 x 1050. Let me know if you need any more information and thanks again for the quick responses.

90C is getting pretty hot for a gpu. Open up the case and give it a cleaning (can of compressed air). especially the cooling fan on the gpu.

I'll try cleaning it out as soon as possible, and if that doesn't work, contact my manufacture (only bought it a year ago). I'll repost my results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom