Is this rig Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumbi

Baseband Member
First time building/buying a gaming rig, and just wondering whats wrong with this one. I've heard that gaming rigs are supposively around $700, but this one is about half that price, and all the specs seem good to me. Hopefully someone can check it out an tell me what you think. I'm wanting to play Warhammer Online and Modern Warfare 2 on pretty good settings. Heres the link:

Newegg.com - Acer Veriton VX270-ED5300C Pentium dual-core E5300(2.60GHz) 2GB DDR2 160GB NVIDIA GeForce 7100 Windows Vista Business + XPP Downgrade (Dual Load – French/English) - Desktop PCs

well "gaming" rigs dont have a set price. the parts that go in it really depend on how much you have to spend.

if you want a gaming rig, you should atleast get a dedicated gfx card, as that one would be using onboard video.

if you buy that pc that youve linked, your upgrade options would be severely limited. the case is a slim for factor, so youd only be able to get lower end low-profile gfx cards. the power supply would also be a problem since youd need to upgrade that too to be able to use any decent gfx cards but the case doesnt support any larger power supplies.

Well then what would be a better option for around 400? I wouldn't mind buying a refurbished PC if thats an option.

Yha... thats not a gameing rig... The case is horrible design for gaming, and allows 0 cooling and as stated above very limited in upgrades.

Youre best idea for a new system is to state a budget and what you need, and someone will put something together.

this is as close as i could get you a lower-end gaming rig for around $400.

if you have or know someone who might have like an extra optical drive or harddrive around, that would shed some more off the total, even though i have included those already. the hdd is the same size as the pc that you linked has (160gb) and i have also included an OS (win 7 home premium).

the only things i didnt include are a monitor, which i assume you have, and a keyboard and mouse.

total $452 + shipping

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ok thanks a ton. I'll prolly do something like you posted muffin man, i appreciate the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom