How set bios so can boot from drive D? Using XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SudsMan

Beta member
I'm going to start fresh on my PC by formatting the C drive and re-installing XP. It has XP SP3 on it and I believe XP is corrupted due to a ton of problems. I have the original XP CD. How do I set the bios to allow booting from the CD D: drive? Thanks for any suggestions. BTW, this is my first post, so please be kind. TNX!

oh blah. I just went into a totlally unecessary responce, and deleted it all. this is simple. when your system boots you'll have a option of going into bios. usually by hitting f2 or delete, tab or something else and holding it when you first power it on or shortly thereafter. Your bios, depending on what bios it is, may have a 'boot' tab or section, in which case you simply often just go in and change the first boot device from your hard drive to your cd drive, hit f10 or something similar and exit and save changes and reboot. it will or should reboot from your cd drive and automatically execute the installation procedure. given I nor no one else knows your bios version or type, or anything else about your system, this is very broad information, but if your system is somewhat modern it should be correct for 99% of the systems out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom