just ordered my new laptop!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywaggnelz

In Runtime
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor P7450 (2.13GHz, 3 MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
FREE Upgrade to 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
• 512MB ATI Radeon(TM) HD 4530 Graphics
15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Widescreen Display (1366x768)
LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
Webcam Only
Intel Wireless-N Mini-card
No TV Tuner w/remote control
HP Color Matching Keyboard
6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

My GF and I are sharing this and it fit the bill for almost everything we needed/wanted. And we got a really good price on it, cuz I had a gift card. Only thing I would have liked was a better video card, but based on the ranking page, this one will still play games.

In terms of games, how will the card hold up? What can I realistically be able to play and at what kind of settings?

In terms of games, how will the card hold up? What can I realistically be able to play and at what kind of settings?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/laptop-graphics-cards-ranking-list-165525/
Class 3 Low-Midrange Graphics Cards
Lower end of Graphics Cards for users who want to play games. New games should run on these cards, but only with decreased details and mediocre resolution.
» Mobility Radeon HD 4530

I hope it's not too late to change your mind on your order for your video card. Personally i would not go any thing lower than a Class 2 Card on a laptop.

unfortunately it is too late.

no biggie though. i am not looking to play the latest, cutting edge games on full settings. but i would like to play some fairly recent games on moderate settings. something like assassins creed, old one. hopefully maybe the new one but, like i said not on highest settings. maybe something like oblivion? like i said, not maxed out or ne thing. will it run those or no?

Anything up CS:S? Maybe Fear at moderate settings with a chill pad?

Good luck.

Laptops are kinda like honda's, only quick if you tune them :p

ok, well after looking the card up and reading a bit about it and what other people said. if i wanted to play crysis at full settings, i would get about 9 fps, which i have no desire to play. so i feel pretty decently confident that it will run a lot of what i want to play at medium settings with decent fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom