[Project] Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I WIN! Got around 5,000 in 3DMark06 i7 920 & 5870 Crossfire Stock. :) I am wondering why my CPU temperatures idle at 60. Yes it is hot right now, but 60 is way too high for stock clock. Going to dismantle the whole build and test it inside the case and outside. And before I do that, used E-Leet OC and overclocked the CPU to 3.2GHz and got a 21,600. I think I will be able to get 30k easily. Still got around 1 GHz to overclock my CPU and still havent overclock my GPUs. Need to find a day when it is very cold. This week isn't as cold as the previous weeks.

IDLE at 60? That is WAY too hot.

21,600 seems a little low... I get that with my single card setup

I probably need to reapply MX-2 because when I was installing the heatsink i accidently pushed the heatsink to the side and probably that pushed the thermal compound to the side. I will check today.

21k with 1 GPU at 3.2GHz? Remember that 3dmark06 is cpu dependent. The GPU doesn't really make a difference like I showed at 2.66GHz it only gave me 5k. I will run 3dmark06 again today after school.

Ya definitely check out what's going on with those temps.

At first I thought that was a typo. If you are getting 5k stock something is wrong.

I got my 21k score with 4.2ghz, But I'm sure I can get ~19k with 3.2. Are you sure crossfire is enabled?
5870 what is your 3dmark06 score - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
^People there are getting around 20k with a single 5870

I already found out what was wrong with my temperatures. I didn't peel off the plastic sticker on the bottom of the heatsink. :p
When I get home, I will run 3dmark06 with everything at stock then overclock. Probably at full load, it wasn't stable with the temperatures?

That is a good guess. If it was a 60C load I can only imagine what load temps were.

And lol, I've done stuff like that before. Get so excited in the moment that you miss the smallest things. :p Glad to hear it was something as simple as that and not something worse.

Hopefully we will see 30k soon. :D

Did the sticker melt at all? That's pretty high temp for a little sticker ;).

Nope. From this experience a plastic sticker less than 1mm thick can make a 20 degree difference.

That is a good guess. If it was a 60C load I can only imagine what load temps were.

And lol, I've done stuff like that before. Get so excited in the moment that you miss the smallest things. :p Glad to hear it was something as simple as that and not something worse.

Hopefully we will see 30k soon. :D

I didn't have RealTemp on during 3dmark to check the max temp it reached. It is so warm today again, 72C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom