Serious Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftAddictions

Solid State Member
I have kind of a big problem. For some reason msconfig, task manager, and regedit will not run on my account. I am running xp pro. All the stuff works on the other two accounts on the computer though. It says that it has been disabled by the administrator. But I am the one who set up the accounts, and I am the only one in the house who knows how to do alter the settings. I did not do it, and they do not know how, which means something else did it. The guys over at the SWI forums told me it sounded like I have been hijacked, so I tried everything I know how to do, asked a friend of mine, and nothing. I have tried Adaware, NoAdware, HijackThis, BPS Spyware/Adware remover, CWShredder, Norton, and Spybot, but nothing has been able to fix it. I even went into the GPEdit setting and tried to find the problem, but could not. Can someone help me?

SwiftAddictions said:
I have kind of a big problem. For some reason msconfig, task manager, and regedit will not run on my account. I am running xp pro. All the stuff works on the other two accounts on the computer though. It says that it has been disabled by the administrator. But I am the one who set up the accounts, and I am the only one in the house who knows how to do alter the settings. I did not do it, and they do not know how, which means something else did it. The guys over at the SWI forums told me it sounded like I have been hijacked, so I tried everything I know how to do, asked a friend of mine, and nothing. I have tried Adaware, NoAdware, HijackThis, BPS Spyware/Adware remover, CWShredder, Norton, and Spybot, but nothing has been able to fix it. I even went into the GPEdit setting and tried to find the problem, but could not. Can someone help me?

log on to admin and give those permissions. might try restore.

and / or remove and recreate the account ::WARNING:: make sure you specify to keep the files and not delete.

how do I edit the specific permisssions? I tried to recreate the account, and it still did not work for me, I even deleted all the files once trying to fix it, and no luck.

Login as one of the administrator accounts
go to "users" under control panel ->
select the username with this problem and then "properties" ->
then under Group Membership you can select "Other" and then "Administrators"

I tried editing the permissions, this gay, still does not work, the hell with it, they are not really needed all the time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom