Failed - Replace hard disk 1 (warranty id - code 10008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
Working on a friends Notebook..

I was formatting and replacing Vista and it kept failing at the end of install, I was begining to think it was the optical drive but when I went into the bios to try the USB install option I saw the HDD test and Mem test.. so I ran the HDD test first and it failed with in seconds and this is what it sayed..

Failed - Replace hard disk 1 (warranty id - code 10008

The Notebook PC is Compaq Presario C700
CPU T2370 1.73 ghz

I'm guessing the Hard drive needs replacing?

how hard is it to replace?

thanks in advance

OK, it only took me a couple of seconds after I posted this, to locate and take out the HDD.. pretty slick..

The question still remains.. Could this be something besides the hard drive.. ? before I tell him it's gonna cost 100 bucks to fix.. only to find out it was something else..

The only other thing it could be is a bad motherboard hd connection or cable. But, I am leaning towards the HD since the hd utility came back with a bad drive error.

IF you want to test the hard drive, then you can plug it into a desktop computer. If it's a sata drive, then they just simply plug in to your normal sata connections. If it's an ATA drive, then you will need an adaptor for it.

Yep it was the HDD ;) it was a snap.. tho the sheet metal cage/bracket for it cut me pretty good..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom