New MOBO needed for Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenschX

Baseband Member
for ATX case. I am not sure what to look for.
here the processor inf:
?Core 2 Quad Q660

old mobo is this
MOBO

but I wanna switch to a ATX mobo

want to be able to reuse the memory , which is:
1024 MB PC5300 DDR2 667MHz SDRAM [ x 4]

oh and his graphic card is the 4890, that'll need to fit too

ok, here's what I found:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131348
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128358

do they work with the memory? he does have DDR2, but its PC5300 DDR2 667MHz SDRAM

Don't want to spend a fortune. I am already spending way too much money on this.
THANKS! You guys been really so helpful...I know I am a pain the behind.

It should. It will only run the RAM at the speed of the RAM (which is low).

thank you everyone! My kid will be thrilled. For him it'll be almost like a new computer.
I just got the antec 900 and realized that that stupid gateway mobo is a BTX. LOL so that's why I needed the new mobo. I am learning...

one more question...so if the memory isn't an issue...this one would work too?
Newegg.com - MSI P45 Platinum LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I am thinking that he would want a second graphic card within the year...so MAYBE 2 PCI express slots would be nice to have. also.. he got another cheap card he could use as a physic card.

Not really all necessary...especially because this is an older processor...but would nice I guess.

never mind fbs is different. i think i'll go with the gigabyte. looks like the asus has some sata issues.
[if i can believe the newegg reviews] I am just gonna forget about the second PCI.

Memory

1. 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory
2. Dual channel memory architecture
3. Support for DDR2 1200+/1066/800/667 MHz memory modules
The Gigabyte board will support 667MHz RAM. SLI/Crossfire is not all it is cracked up to be. You will get better performance out of a single, more powerful card.

Thank you!!!! I chose Gigabyte. Came today...it's done. He's happy...and I got my computer back. Thanks god I had no problems with the re-activation of windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom