this is driving me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkrisx

Solid State Member
So Im having a real hard time reformatting an old IBM of mine. I tried rebooting it with a win98 boot disk, as always. everything seems to go just fine, but i always end up getting stuck with this:

"The Diagnostic tools were successfully loaded to drive D

Device driver not found: 'MSCD001'.

No valid CDROM drivers selected.

To get help, type HELP and press ENTER."

i dont understand how it would not find a driver, considering i inserted the win98 CD into my D drive. plus my win98 boot disk is also in the floppy drive. i just want 98 on this computer so i can upgrade it to XP! Someone help me!

xkrisx said:
So Im having a real hard time reformatting an old IBM of mine. I tried rebooting it with a win98 boot disk, as always. everything seems to go just fine, but i always end up getting stuck with this:

"The Diagnostic tools were successfully loaded to drive D

Device driver not found: 'MSCD001'.

No valid CDROM drivers selected.

To get help, type HELP and press ENTER."

i dont understand how it would not find a driver, considering i inserted the win98 CD into my D drive. plus my win98 boot disk is also in the floppy drive. i just want 98 on this computer so i can upgrade it to XP! Someone help me!

The cdrom drivers on the 98 boot disk, evidently won't work for your drive.I don't reccomend putting xp on an old ibm

Try to goto bootdisk.com and see if they have a bootdisk that will work for your system but I don't think xp will work to well on and ibm

Your cd rom is too old. I have this problem with my kids computer. I have to steal a newer cdrom out of the wife's machine to do a re install or format. The drivers don't match is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom