New Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
I killed the screen on my other toshiba! anyone know where I can get a replacement? I cracked it, shut a pen in it! the crack runs from the top right corner *major leaking there* down to the lower left, so yeah, totally inoperable with that screen. I know basically how to replace it, just need to find one.

Ebay would be your best bet. Either purchase a cheap one that doesn't work (in terms of not turning on but the screen works) or possibly run into someone that is parting one out.

ok diceman, thanks for the link. prices are high, but cheaper than getting a new lappy, and I believe my other satellite to be worth it. I have one question, however. I bought the lappy second hand, so I don't have specs, esp not on the exact screen size and type. how do I tell? I know it's a glossy, it's a 15.4 *I think* wide screen, I know in searching for desktop backgrounds it was an odd resolution, one that not many people use. I know, this has a lil to do with graphics card, but it's also in the screen size and native drivers. wow, to much info there, but bottom line, how do I tell which screen exactly that I need?

For SmartMicro you would have to acutally remove the LCD and check for a model number. I find that most of the LCDs we have bought at work (largely for Apple laptops) are $2-300 which in my opinion is not bad. Heck, the last time I had to get an LCD from Lenovo it ran me $500 for an ultra fragile 13"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom