Bad CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I test the PSU? It worked fine when I had my E8400 in. And I ran Memtest86+ before with no errors, but I'll run again.

Well the easiest thing would be to grab another PSU if you've got one spare and chuck it in. Other than that (assuming you're not that much into multimeters) take as much of the load off the PSU as you can. Extra hdds, the optical drive, sound cards, network cards, graphics card if you've got onboard graphics.

Try underclocking your memory a little bit or loosening up the timings... could be bad RAM.

edit: +1 to what soul said.

I don't have a spare PSU. And I'm only running what's in my sig with 1 optical. In HW monitor the 12V, 3.3V, and 5V all look fine. I'll try to set the RAM to 1333 see if it can get stable on that. Hoping I don't have to RMA my RAM... been a month without my desktop :(

Edit: Tested RAM with Intel Burn Test @ 1333 and it failed. Gonna run Memtest86+ again.

Edit: Ok, so I ran Memtest86+ again. Guess I somehow got the modules mixed up the 1st time idk *hits head on desk*? Anyways stick #1 is bad. Failed in Memtest, but the others are fine. Another 1-2 weeks without a desktop for me woohoo! FML

OCZ said I have to pay shipping there... They pay return shipping. RMA just got approved, gonna ship it off tomorrow. Hopefully I can have it back by the end of next week. Dying to use my desktop :(.

That sucks... Makes me mad that companies do that. I mean, it's their hardware that failed. They should have to pay the consequences... Not the consumer.

Ok, so OCZ received my RAM yesterday. I called them today to ask how long it would be until I can get a replacement. They said the normal turn around time is 48 hours, EXCEPT they don't have the Platinums in stock. I asked if he could give me anything better than the Platinums i.e. OCZ Blades DDR3-2000. Turns out the best RAM they have in stock is the Golds. I didn't pay for the platinums to get them RMA'd with golds. So I have to wait 2-3 weeks for them to get Platinums in. I'm HIGHLY disappointed with them. And I would ask for a $ refund, but I bought them at a price $50 cheaper than they are now, so it wouldn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom