going to college

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, that would be perfect.

any other suggestions of something to look at before i make a purchase?

You could check around for Asus, HP or some other laptops at like NewEgg or Tiger Direct to see if you find a system that is comparable for cheaper. They have deals all the time on those sites. I jsut knew of the Vostro and know you can customize it.

Nah dude, when you buy a $1000 laptop that you want to game on, I can never find anything better than the one on bestbuy. They recently upgraded the model too. The last one had a centrino 2.0 Ghz, and this one has a core2duo 2.13 GHz.

i guess ill check best buy along with newegg? ill get back to you guys with a laptop i find to get opinions on it.

Nah dude, when you buy a $1000 laptop that you want to game on, I can never find anything better than the one on bestbuy. They recently upgraded the model too. The last one had a centrino 2.0 Ghz, and this one has a core2duo 2.13 GHz.
There is very little difference between the one you posted and the one i configured. Also he said LESS than $1000.

The only difference i seen was teh video card. Yeah the Asus was better, but since it was already stated that the games DIDNT have to run on high, the Dell will perform just fine.

The Dell comes in at almost $300 less for only having the video card be the difference.

you said with the 160 GB, it is $872.

$100 - $872 = $128. That is not close to $300 at all. And then he is going to need to get a hdd upgrade, so the difference will be even less. The gpu is so significantly better (for a laptop) that it is worth it.

When someone says under a certain amount, I always take it to mean up to that amount. I mean, how much under? That laptop is $999.99, so it is less.

And you won't find a deal at $1000 that good on the egg. If you're looking for something in a lower price range, this laptop will allow you to play cod on near max settings. It is almost the exact one I have and is $750: Newegg.com - HP Pavilion DV6-2144NR NoteBook AMD Turion II M520(2.3GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 - Laptops / Notebooks

I think the difference is mine has a 2.2 GHz turion 2 instead of a 2.3 GHz. Anyway, on mine, when I tried playing cod5 on max in a server by myself that I hosted, I just got periodic stuttering every 10-15 seconds. I don't know if it was due to the fact that I was using modded graphics drivers, or if the card just couldn't quite take it. I'm sure there would be lots more stuttering in a full server.

Anyway, the Asus, is going to give you a faster HDD (7200 rpm as opposed to 5400) and a significantly more powerful graphics card. The difference is a lot less than with the 9300 in the laptop Mak is recommending, but it is still quite the jump.

I was going to get one that was very similar to that Asus laptop for $1000, but my parents didn't want to pay that much, so I got one like that hp for $800. I'm happy with it. I've never needed to game on it though. I've just kind of tested stuff out. If I didn't have my desktop here, I would be really wishing I would have went with the Asus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom