refurbished HP DX5150 SFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan7777

Baseband Member
Hi I'm wondering if i should buy a refurbished HP DX5150 SFF for 199$.

cpu: 2g
ram: 1GB
HDD: 400
video
sound
USB: 8
Optical: DVD/rw
net: 10/100
OP: XP pro
warranty: 30 day

As money is tight for me I decided to look up reviews first and found this site:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/satisfactio...x5150~SFF.html

I'm confused on whether it's a bad model because there where bad reviews but then
64% gave it three stars and 22% gave it 4 stars. I don't if those where from new or used systems.

44% of 106 hundred reviewers said it was "slow" . One guy left a post saying
"hardly any programs on it and is lagging really bad".

I know this site only allowed these personal comments in 2009 so these had to be refurbished models. Most of the reviews of this model dated form when it first came out in 2005 list the RAM as 512mb.(vs. the 1G above).

So I'm wondering how much of these 'slow' comments might be because of:

A) old hard-drives on the machines or

B) because these where probably 512 machines being reviewed by tech-guys who are really hard to please.

I would especially like some feedback on whether an old hard-drive will be slow even if it's just been wiped and reformatted or if it should be just fine. If the hard drive wouldn't be the problem with these models and upgrading the ram should fix any performance issues then I will buy this model.

Thanks for any feedback

I would wait and save another couple hundred bucks and go with a whole new build, personally. The drive might work fine, but we don't know the brand or its details. Shot in the dark with that, but I would wait and buy new unless you need it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom