160 dollar budget for new graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaskTool

In Runtime
I went to Compusa looking for this card Newegg.com - XFX HD-487A-ZWFC Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

(the card you guys advised me to get)

And I was surprised to not see it. Only another 1gb version of the 4870 which was around 260 dollars. And besides that and a couple 3000 series cards, there were no other ati cards. Only geforce, which were extremely expensive.

The gts 250 was way over 200 dollars, and then they had my crappy 9600 gso for 80 dollars.

Compusa doesn't seem to be an option anymore, and I still am nervous about buying from newegg. If I did buy from newegg, are they fast with shipping? And is that card really the best option for me given my budget?

I say that card is best for your budget. And yes Newegg is very reliable. It's about 2-4 days for shipping (depending where it ships from and where you are). And they have great customer service.

Yes, they are fast. And yes, NewEgg is amazing in both selection and customer service.

I have ordered all kinds of parts from NewEgg and would not hesitate to do so again. Plus they take PayPal. ;)

Newegg's shipping is faster than any other online store I've used. Maybe that's because they have a warehouse 2 hours away from me though. :D I usually get my stuff the next day. :)

The 4870 has only slightly better performance than the 5770 atm. It doesn't have DX 11 support though, and the 5770 will likely become faster with updated drivers. I'm pretty sure it is also more power efficient and runs cooler. Definitely go with the 5770.

Nah, there's no reason to get that card. If you wanted that you would get the gts 250, and if you wanted that you would get the HD 4850 cause it is cheaper and actually performs slightly better.

Newegg says it's sold out.. Will they have more/updated the page by friday?

Sorry for the double post. But I keep reading that the 5770 is about even or a little bit better than the 4770, yet slower than the 4870 which happens to be cheaper..

I might just get the 4870 unless there is a reason to pay extra for something not as good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom