Rate the Wire Management Above You!

I'll give it an 8.5/10
Looks great except for the lower front of the case, there's some messy cables there breaking up the air intake

1000677b.jpg

The one wire hanging down under the sata cables is the power cable for my cd drive, there's not much else I can do with it becuase it isn't very long :(.

^ 6.5 out of 10. i know there is space behind the mobo tray to hide those wires coming out of the PSU. and move the GPU up to the top PCI-E slot. and hide those wires in the HDD bay.

How would I hide the wires in the hdd bay? Do you mean all of the extra wires would fit behind the mobo tray, or just the ones that I have routed? I think I'll try taking out the psu, then feeding the wires through the hole to the right of it. Right now it's too tight of a space to try and bend them through there (the psu blocks at least 1/4 of it).

I can't move the gpu up to the top slot because the lower one is the master, the slave only operates at x8 speed (the master does too unless you use the paddle card in the slave slot, which I do). I didn't like how that was setup, it would be better if the master was on top and the slave was on the bottom.

I agree, that is weird that the slave is top and the master is bottom...

I would give your management a 7.5/10. Looks good but there is always room for improvement. :)

well I Installed my auxiliary PSU, and i figured this would be a good chance to get some wire management practice in with my new case. This is partly inspired by Soulphire's recent wire management post also...

First off, I ran the switch for the 2nd PSU, and my wireless antenna through the fill port on the top of the case. Now both power switches are in the same place, also in order to put a PSU in the top-mount of the case, I had to remove the fan, so it is now resting on top of the case.
P1010304.jpg

Next is the Inside look. My 2nd and 3rd HDD are IDE :annoyed: but the cable didn't give me much of an issue. You can also see my card reader stuck in the HDD rack. It doesn't have normal mounting setup (came from my pavilion). And my DVD drive is in bottom of the rack because I don't have a SATA cable long enough to put it in the top haha
P1010306.jpg

Finally the back of the case. Most of the cables weren't long enough to do what I would have liked to do with them being as both PSU's are generic prebuilts. If you look closely to the 20pin plug, I punched pins from an busted PSU 20pin cable, squeezed the tips together to make a male-end and stuck them as my jumper for the 2nd PSU.
P1010303.jpg

Any suggestions other than get a good PSU (I have Corsair 650tx, just can't use it till x-mas) I was also thinking about installing a fan on the HS below the ram slots, maybe one on the ram itself. I know its not needed for current setup, but it will be needed when i get my new stuff :grin: and practice never hurt.

Two PSU's, mobo with no side SATA slots and an awkwardly placed 4pin connector.
No graphics card.

Some cables around there that aren't as tight as they could be, and some are just inadequate (e.g. that sata cable going to your dvd drive.) Interesting setup with the top fan :p

Taking into account the crappy parts you had to work with, I'd give it a 8.9/10
Judging it as is I reckon 7.8/10

A better PSU, a grapics card, a new mobo and some sata hdds (in that order) are what you need. Otherwise not a bad job mate :)

@ apsoul

why do you need dual psu's?

How would I hide the wires in the hdd bay? Do you mean all of the extra wires would fit behind the mobo tray, or just the ones that I have routed? I think I'll try taking out the psu, then feeding the wires through the hole to the right of it. Right now it's too tight of a space to try and bend them through there (the psu blocks at least 1/4 of it).

I can't move the gpu up to the top slot because the lower one is the master, the slave only operates at x8 speed (the master does too unless you use the paddle card in the slave slot, which I do). I didn't like how that was setup, it would be better if the master was on top and the slave was on the bottom.

take the wires that are in the HDD bay and hide them some where ;)

@philbar

because the PSU from my prebuilt was running at nearly full capacity. Then I switched the system into the HAF case which added 3 more fans to the mix, and I wanted to use the 2 extra HDD's i had. There were files and such on them that I needed to get at. I don't really NEED 2 PSU's. I could have just set the 2nd PSU outside the case, hooked it up to 2 aux. HDD's, copied files, and gotten rid of it all. But this looked like more fun haha. I'm not too worried about the extra heat generated or the reduced airflow because it is a 100% stock, no OC system at the moment. (other than HDD's and 2nd PSU) but as i said it was something to do.

Back
Top Bottom