Amatuer Techie Needs Help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

StantonDowd

Beta member
OK, my computer is a home made franken-box. I have a fairly advanced knowledge of computers, seeing as I built this one, but I can't figure this one out no matter how hard I try:

My 3.5" floppy drive does not work. The "busy" light is constantly on. I replaced the drive with no results. I also checked my BIOS and it is registered in the BIOS as a 3.5" 1.44mb floppy drive. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it alot.

Also, I have a bad cable on my monitor. I don't want to replace the monitor, as it has great color definition and resolution and is fairly new. Is there any way I can replace the cable myself, as paying someone to do it would only be a few dollars less than buying a brand new monitor. The monitor is a Samtron 77V.

As for your monitor cable, if you don't know how to splice wires or replace the connector if it is broken, bring it to a local electronic shop (not computer) they will repair it for a few bucks.

If you built the computer yourself then you probably didnt reverse the cable wrong. Try resting the cmos bios on your board. .... I decided there nothing that i need the floopy for so i didnt put one in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom