Final build, any last minute suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunwalker

Solid State Member
CASE
ThermalTake VH6000

MOTHERBOARD
MSI NF980-G65

PROCESSOR
AMD Phenom x4 965 3.4Ghz

GRAPHICS
ATI HD5850 (not sure on brand, any suggestions?)

RAM
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Memory

PSU
OCZ Game XStream 700W

DRIVE
LG CH08LS10

FAN CONTROLLER
NZXT Sentry 2

HDD
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB

Before anyone starts saying about ATI and an SLi motherboard let me explain! :p
I want a high end graphics card to last me 9-12 months. In around that time I hope to buy a 120Hz monitor and 2 NVidia cards, to enable 3d Vision. I know this might seem like a waste of money to most people but I just want to have a really good card until then.
Also do you guys think I'll need a processor fan? And do you think it's worth getting 2 more 120mm fans for the bottom of the case?

Thanks in advance :)

GRAPHICS
ATI HD5850 (not sure on brand, any suggestions?)
Most brands are safe to go with, but EVGA, XFX, Sapphire, Asus, BGF and several others I can't remember right now are all good choices.

RAM
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Memory
You might want to go with 1600MHz RAM instead.

Also do you guys think I'll need a processor fan? And do you think it's worth getting 2 more 120mm fans for the bottom of the case?
Processor fan is essential, otherwise the thing will explode (well it would turn itself off before then but you know what I mean). And I can always recommend extra fans ;)

Yeah, I don't think any of the brands have released overclocked cards yet so it was just preference but I'm not sure on them so I guess it'll just be the one that's in stock!

Tbh with the RAM I got confused cos on MSI's website it said...
'DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600*/1800*/2133*(OC)' I'm guessing the * means overclocked so I didn't get that bit? I haven't overclocked anything before so wouldn't know how to do that either...is it hard?

Any recommendations on processor fan? And quiet 120mm for underneath the case?

Yes, it is. You can probably do it with the stock cooler. And you can buy an after market cooler and reach higher clock speed.

Sorry, didn't have time to reply.
Any ideas on good CPU coolers?
And does anyone else know about the RAM thing above ^^^ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom