The best compilation of computer parts as of today

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradS

Baseband Member
I'm just curious about this. I'm just looking for someone to put together a build that contains THE best parts out there right now in terms of performance. I don't care about how much it all costs, although it would be cool to know. I'm asking this because I'm plainly just curious (and lazy) about what the current best possible build is with the best performance.

^_^

It depends on what you want to do. We've had a few of these questions posed and there are different possibilities depending on what your goal is. If you're gaming then you'll use different parts than if you're rendering CGI or cranking out calculations or if you're doing scientific research on the effects of global warming, or just benchmarking. There are different parts that are preferred over another in certain scenarios.

It appears that all the dual 1366 boards don't support more than one PCI-e card so that puts my idea of a dual 1366 system out of the way, provided you wanted to do gaming.

can you do rendering on sli'd quadro cards?

Well, I highly doubt 2 gtx 295's has anything on 4 HD 5870's...

Could you even Quad-Fire 5870's?... You'd need that giant EVGA board to even fit them all, IF they even fit on that.

Water cool your system on 4 loops. 2 loops for the cards (2 cards per loop) then the cpu, and then the NB and other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom