PC shuts down 20-25 seconds after start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

generalmalice

Beta member
i have a msi motherboard socket 462,amd3000+ processor,1.5 gb of ddr 400mHz ram,425W PSU,ati 512mb video card,sound blaster pci 5.1 channel card,standard heatsink,linkysys lne100tx pci networking card, and windows 7 home premium SP1......

After i turn on my computer i go into bios to adjust everything and within 20-25 seconds whether i go into the biios or not its shuts off....then i have to wait for a while and turn it back on and it does the same thing...motherboard works because my fans connected to it work...psu powers everything else fine....the ram,vid and sound card work in that computer and others....the cpu does not have a lot of thermal compound but some......

can someone please help...id appreciate even the simplest of answers

Shawn

I would start off by plugging the PC in a different outlet, maybe the one your using isn't right and it cannot support a PC. Next I would try dusting it out with canned air if that doesn't work re-apply the thermal grease to the CPU (and make sure none of the pins are bent), make sure the RAM is properly seated, try booting with just one stick of RAM and if that doesn't work try with a different PSU. If that doesn't work check your motherboard for defects (bad caps, missing caps, damaged chips etc.)

I had this problem when my power supply was drawing too much power to itself and the other time i had this problem my motherboard died so try swapping out your power supply or get it tested and for the motherboard you could try resetting the bios incase its a software issue... usually when working with the cpu a blue screen might pop up saying something about a fatal error

it may look like this

blue-screen1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom