Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

geforce8800

Banned
Hi, I'm planning to build a new base unit for gaming can anyone suggest a good parts for gaming. budget around £300-400

Hm, gaming builds are a little difficult with that budget but I'll see what I can do; do you need an OS, monitor, keyboard+mouse? And are there any parts you can re-use from an older computer, like hard drive, optical drive or case?

just the base unit actually ill just re-use my monitor prolly just windows vista or 7 if i can get one from my mates or a linux, but yeah just motherboard and such...well can you help me to find a budget spec. :D

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'base unit'? Need to be more specific :p Do you mean, motherboard, RAM, GPU and CPU?

do you think i can get a hybrid SLI or with 3-way motherboard that is compatible with AMD Processor? also what is the best cooling for the cpu that will maintain a normal temp instead of getting overheat or something.

do you think i can get a hybrid SLI or with 3-way motherboard that is compatible with AMD Processor?
Possibly. There aren't any as far as I know, but if you go with the HD4870 then the motherboard I picked out has Crossfire (ATi's version of SLI). There's also CrossfireX (three-way Crossfire), however I haven't seen any motherboards with it.

also what is the best cooling for the cpu that will maintain a normal temp instead of getting overheat or something.
Well you can get an aftermarket cooler, but the cooler the CPUs come with won't let the CPU overheat.

Btw, what power supply do you have? Are you sure it will power whatever new parts you get - you'll need at least 450W.

Also:
yes base unit the cpu itself.
That doesn't actually mean anything.

prolly i need one a new PSU as well, ermm could you re-qoute it though with a xfire compatibility :-s, i just need a decent gaming system..not too extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom