Building New PC for Game Design & Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiLChris

Solid State Member
I havent built a pc since xp was released so im really rusty.
But im confident enough to build it on my own im just not up to date on what parts to get.

I need something that i can run 3ds max simultaneous with photoshop and a few other design programs effectively.

Also i use this for gaming, i know not much info has been released but im hoping when Final Fantasy Online comes out i would like to run it with decent settings and not have to turn down the settings to have good fps. (currently playing LOTRO)

My budget is around $1200.

Ive been looking at newegg and tigerdirect (local store 4 me).
So any help and suggestions would be great.

PS. Would not mind waiting to buy a Video Card till later on if something new is coming out shortly thats worth getting and saving for.

Good catch with the RAM farinha, I don't know what I was thinking.

If you drop the video card to something like a 285 or a 4890 you could get the i7 without going over budget. It's your decision.

A gaming graphics card will perform poorly for 3ds max and a workstation graphics will perform poorly for gaming. You're between a rock and a hard spot.

Gaming Versus Workstation Performance : Radeon HD 4870 Versus FirePro V8700 - Review Tom's Hardware : AMD FirePro V8700: High-End Workstation Graphics
Nvidia Quadro FX vs. ATI FirePro: Professional Graphics Accelerators Roundup (page 16) - X-bit labs

HP Quadro FX 580 Graphics Card - FY945UT - Buy.com

That card will smoke even the most expensive gaming graphics card in 3ds max.

Alright thanks, ill be looking at all this right now at work.
Ill update you when i get the rig completed.

Isn't there some drivers or something that will turn a 4870 into some firepro card? I remember reading that somewhere around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom