A little OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
man you horribly mispelled my name. Closer to a cloud that what it says. Anyway...I believe the 100% means that the RAM is running at 100% of it's capabilities. It's not running at 401 because it's in Dual Channel, it's '401' 200.5x2 because of RAM's name. DDR RAM = DOUBLE DATA RATE the word DOUBLE says it all right there. If you just set the option to USER DEFINED if you have something similar to that and set the frequency at 200 then it will stay there. It's when the RAM is run 'By SPD' that it'll start overclocking with the CPU

sorry about your name. So with my settings right now, the ram will be locked i take it at the frequency that I have it now. So when i bump up the fsb to 205 nothing else will be affected, right?

Shouldn't be, just make sure your RAM timings are set to 'USER DEFINED' or something of that nature and not 'AUTO' or 'By SPD'

You can easily check just by seeing what your FSB and memory is running at normal. Then raise the FSB by 5MHz and see if your memory went up too. If it didn't you know it's locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom