Charts to show build comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seria

PC Cutie ^_^
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows of a website (or can make one) that is a "computer comparison chart maker"

I think having a visual aid as to how different computers stack against each other would be very helpful. especially for if you need to show someone how much "better" one build is compared to another... like if you're building a machine for a client who knows nothing about computers.

I just made these really quick to show you what I am talking about:

Attachments

• comp charts.jpg
    comp charts.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 66
thats a beast OC your mom's pc must have, 5.32 ghz O_O, how about some pics plz?

hdd space, amount of ram, and psu wattage dont really show whether one pc is better than another. your pc's not necessarily better than mine if you have a 1tb hdd and i have a 500gb instead. your pc isnt better if you have a 1kw psu and i have a 500w psu. (these statements are hypothetical ofcourse)

i think a better comparison would be having some benchmarks of the cpus and gpus youre comparing to see how much better or not one is over another.

I am not quite buying the 10.64 ghz on your new pc. :)

Nice idea though.

LOL... that's my entire point!

My new PC has an i7 (2.66GHz Quad Core) for the sake of the visual aid... I did 2.66x4 to represent my "quad core" and 2.66x2 to represent my moms "Dual Core"

there's gotta be a way to compare builds with a visual graph...

hdd space, amount of ram, and psu wattage dont really show whether one pc is better than another.
but like I said in my first post... if you needed to show someone a visual representation of... lets say.... their current computer... and you want to show them the advantages of a "better" or "alternative" build.... using a visual-graph-type method would make more sense to most people

Yes but that is incorrect to have it as 4 x 2.66.

It would be nice if you had benchmarks from each machine (ie superpi / 3dmark) and build a graph based upon those.

^ yes, thats what i meant with benchmarks.

if i did this according to your method, then an athlon ii x4 630 @ its stock 2.8ghz should be better than an i7 920, because it would total 11.2 ghz. but its not, an i7 920 would blow this cpu away.

lol. I'm not saying the "sample graphs" I made are anything close to accurate or that they're the best way to accomplish what im talking about.... I'm just thinking that if there were a VERY simple way to produce an "all-in-one" build-comparison graph, that it would be cool.

If you want a quick way to compare two cpu's Anandtech Bench is pretty useful. They don't have an option to compare other components yet but hopefully they will add more once it is out of Beta

Also, you can't just go by the GHz, as different technologies have different throughputs. For example, the AMD Athlon 64s ran at a lower GHz than did the P4, but their throughput was actually higher than that of the P4s. And a i5/i7 will have a higher throughput than a similarly clocked 775 C2Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom