Budget Home User Media PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHeaven

In Runtime
Hello again.

Been a while since I've even looked at PC compenents since I build my PC about 2 years ago, so I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to the good deals and quality.

My brother asked me if I could look into building him a Budget Media PC. I'm guessing anywhere around $500 would seem about right.
*Montior, Keyboard, and mouse do not need to be included.

Usage: Internet and Video Media, minimal gaming if any. He has his own small Ebay bussiness which will account for most it's usage, but he also wants to use the PC as a media center for his 42" LCD for playing movie and tv.

Any suggestions or builds would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Blueheaven ;)

4670 seems a bit much for little or no gaming; OP would probably be fine with integrated or a 4350.

Also the power supply is a bit much, 450W would be plenty.

I mostly agree with the above two posters, however I did include a decent GPU in my build just for future proofing and because definitions of a little gaming can vary between people.

Thanks for your suggestions. Definitely will help me in the right direction.

As for the OS, actually think we might stick with XP ;)
And yes I will need a out board video card simply for the multiple display outputs, but a cheap media GPU is all I would really need.

The extent of gaming would most likely be limited to HL:DM (original half life). Me and my brother used to be pretty hardcore HL:DM players, still mess around on a private server sometimes.

I picked the XFX 4670 just for the extended warranty. So if you want to go cheaper, feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom