Finishing Touches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
Now that my system is up and running, I would like to add the few finishing touches that would make it perfect. So I have a few questions. 1. Would it be worth it go upgrade my existing low-end PC3200 ram, to a high end set, like Corsair XMS, Crucial Ballistix, or Kingston HyperX ect...? 2. Should I get a new SATA Hard-Drive, possibly one of the 10k Raptor Drives, or at least one with an 8MB Buffer? Space really isn't an issue cause im not even filling my existing 60GB Drive. 3. Recommendations on a stylish, but effective heatsink and fan? As well as making my system run perfectly, I want it to look nice too :p

i would definatly recommend the XMS memory...and and strongly not recommend the hyper x memory. i have seen many people unsatisified. and i think the timings are bad anyway. the XMS is something like 2-2-2-5...someone can correct me if im wrong

Reason I don't want CRT over LCD, is just because they weigh so much, and they take up so much room. I tend to move my crap around a lot too, and its a pain in the butt to move a 65lb monitor around. I really haven't noticed that much of a difference in appearence on games except that maybe my LCD is a little to bright and I can't bring up the resolutions to the max. If I wanted, I have a BenQ 19" Flat CRT, and an Envision 19" Flat CRT I could use. So Corsair XMS seems the be the perfered brand of ram, for gaming systems. But would it make a difference to get set?

i say u go for the Kingston Hyper X... i dunno why.. but i just like Kingston!!! but its ur system.. LoL!! i just happen to like Kingston!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom