card reader not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
ive got this card reader below

http://www.akasa.co.uk/update.php?t...ader/Hub&type_sub=Card Reader&model=AK-ICR-05

and im running windows 7 64 and when i open my computer the drives should appear under drives but they dont appear, theres power going to it and the usb cable is connected up and ive checked in device manager and no yellow explamation marks there apart from this one under USB Controllers

eHome Infrared Reciever (USBCIR)

i tried to let windows automatically look for it but it says the best driver for your device is already installed but it still comes up with the exp mark near it but anyway i dont think its that

anyhelp much appreciated

Does it have Win7 drivers on the manufacturer's site? Did you run the Windows 7 upgrade advisor BEFORE installing Win7 to make sure that you would have full compatibility?

i looked at the instructions uner the tab under support and clicked on windows 7 and instead of clicking under search for driver software automatically , i had to click browse my computer and then click let me pick from a list, so all sorted but thanks for the help

Click start then type in Device Manager on the search.
Expand Universal Series Bus Controller
Right click eHome Infrared Reciever (USBCIR) and update driver software.
Select browse my com for drive software.
Select "Let me pick from a list... blah blah blah"
Select USB Composite Device
Then next and it is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom