dvd program

Status
Not open for further replies.

theredman77

Beta member
Hows it going newbie here! i was wondering does anyone know of a free software program that will allow me to back up my purchased dvds? I was looking for one that burnt the menu and all but i would be ok if it just burnt the movie. Any info would be cool .... if ya know of any that cost money list them too Thanks

u cannot backup dvd's directly.

you have to decrypt DVD's on your hard drive (will take 17-19GB space)

then you have to encrypt to writeable DVD, using DVD encrypter.

u can find DVD encrypter from this site, and as well they'll refer you to some toerh sofwares that can encrypt DVD to DVD-R drive.

* also, processing 1 DVD takes a good time, unless u have got rreally fast system.

the web site is.

http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

You can use DVD SHRINK (google it). It is free, will allow you to burn the entire DVD or reauthor it cutting out the menus and extras. It works like a charm, I use it all the time.

you have to decrypt DVD's on your hard drive (will take 17-19GB space)

then you have to encrypt to writeable DVD, using DVD encrypter.

If you use dvd decrypter it will only take up the same amount as the movie itself(7 to 9 gb) and for burning it use nero recode and just put the main title on the disk, With dvd dycrypter and nero it should'nt take more than an hour and a half at the most and this combo work's really great together.

i think im going to buy dvd x copy ... they stoped production of the product but they are allowed to sell the last of their products it doesnt do the menu but it gets the job done and it doesnt take a long time

I have DVD X copy and it does not work as good as DVD shrink. You should try it before spending your money on dvd x copy. 321 studio is now closed and you will get no support or updates anymore.

DVD shrink and nero are the way to go.

but for movie over 7 gigs use instantcopy 7 or 8 (better picture quality, longer encode time)

I had problems with using DVD Shrink / Nero combination and was wondering if anyone else did as well. I used DVD Shrink and it worked perfect, until I went to Nero to burn it and it would get to 51 percent and wouldn't go further. It did this several times.
I also own DVD X copy and, although, it won't make menus it is a lot faster. I wish I could Nero to work though for the movies I have with chapters.

You should have to go to Nero to burn. It will automatically burn it for you. With Sony's new encryption, download the programs in my sig and you wont have any probles backing up your dvds. Decrypting DVD will take up 19gb of space? Where did you get that from? Unless you are saving them...If you get a cyclic redundancy error, use another program, its encrypted and the program cant decrypt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom