Is this DVD-burner good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks fairly good to me. Just remember that when you get an OEM version of Nero, like the ones included with hardware like burners, in order to burn Video DVD's , you will need to go to Nero's website and purchase the DVD plug-in serial number for 25 bucks, but it's well worth it. You can start off burning video VCD and audio CD and all type of data and such, just not video DVD with OEM Nero. Before you purchase the plug in serial number, make sure to update your version of Nero or the plug in might not work properly.

OhGrfreak, does that mean I must get the Plugin to copy video VCD and DVD? Anyone here using the plugin that OfGrfreak is talking about. Would be nice to get some feedback.

First thing first. Out of the box your OEM will be able to do all the basic things. Most people eventually go to Nero 6 (it can be found pretty cheap these days). Nero 6 opens a whole new world, to include easire double layer burning and much more.

Second thing. As it is almost impossible to find 16X media. You want a DVD RW that is capable of burning to slower media at a faster rate if speed is important. Can the Samsung do that? For instance the NEC 3500 and the Pioneer A08/108 (The two Pioneers are the same burner, different cosmetics and software package)can both burn to 8X media at 12X. The Pioneer has even been known to burn 8X on 4X media. Also, the Pioneer can burn 4X DL on some select 2X DL media. Keep in mind that the media has to be of a good quality for faster burns.

It took me a lot reading of tests to decide which DVD RW is what I really wanted. For instance the LiteOn 16X DVD RW has the faster ripper of all DVD RWs due to having no lock being built in. However the LiteOn refuses to burn any media over its rated speed.

I settled on the Pioneer A08 from Newegg.com and acquired the same disc that you would be getting with your samsung.

It's really a decision that will be based on what you need. I do suggest that you do some reading and you will find that all DVD RWs are not equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom