Opinions on a good AMD gaming machine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nechen

Baseband Member
Hey there, I just want anyone's input that feels like giving it. I've had the same AMD machine since last march and its starting to fall behind in performance.

Here are the specs:

Processor: AMD XP 2800+ 2.1GhZ
Memory: 768MB of PC2700 RAM
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Video Card: GeForce 4 TI 4800
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
Hard Drives: Two Maxtor 38GB. One for System, other for Games

Some games that are lagging a bit for me are Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, Planetside, Star Wars Galaxies, and pretty much any other game that takes up more than a gig on my hard drive. Anyone who feels like giving me suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

well it seems descent, I think your games slowing down are more software related. that PC should be able to play Doom 3 well, the Ti4200 runs it at about 20fps

How can lag be software related?? And I dont really like running doom3 at 20 FPS lol.

Yea reformat your hdd and reinstall windows. If that doesn't work, maybe an upgrade to 64bit is in order.

I would give your graphics card an upgrade. What are you in the market for? If you want something that will play all of todays games well and is not too expensive, get the ATi Radeon 9800 Pro. If you want something that will play todays games unbelievably well and is set for the future, get the Nvidia GeForce 6800GT.

i say u do a Full out system upgrade to atleast...
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
512MB PC3200 or 1GB PC3200
Asus K8V SE Deluxe
ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB (no lower than that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom