Computer freezes at BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AARP27

Baseband Member
Hey guys,
I've recently run into a problem with my old rig. It started about 2 days ago when I turned it on. It would take the monitor longer than usual to come up and then the BIOS would start (Phoenix BIOS), but it would get to the processor (the second line of BIOS) and freeze. I initially thought it was a hard drive problem but I swapped out hard drives and eventually no hard drive and the same thing still happened. Sometimes the monitor would not even recognize the system and stay black, but when I pulled the VGA cable out it would go to the Red-Blue-Green screen so it wasn't the monitor. I am starting to think this may be a motherboard (ECS C51GM-M) problem...
Help!

Clear the CMOS by removing the watch like battery or touching (the two pins together with a screwdriver) the clear cmos jumper and try again.
Put battery back in before turning on.

Even that doesn't work its likely that either the RAM, Mobo or CPU has gone bad, and the next step is to try a cheap stick of ram.

Im guessing mobo though.

K I took out the battery and let it sit for a couple hours but now I can't even get the computer to recognize the monitor like I explained in the previous post. Also of note is that I am not getting any beeps from the motherboard. Looks like this rig is heading to the graveyard.

Yep, reseated the RAM and fooled around with that and my monitor still won't recognize anything.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom