Upgrading my box

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenningsad

Beta member
Whats up all!

I've built my desktop 2 years ago, and I've been wanting to get some new parts in my baby. I could to for any suggestions of quality parts you guys would recommend! There are only a few areas I would like to upgrade and of course some of them will require me to upgrade other parts of course, but I'm down with that. I just want to get an idea what I need to look for.

First off I want to upgrade my CPU. I'm an AMD user. I'ver prefered AMD processers since way back in the day, but I'm not completely close minded to Pentium. But which one do you guys think is better and why? Also which model of processer do you recomend of the brand.

Second I want to upgrade my video card I'm running with I believe is an older ATI graphics card with a 512MB memory.. I don't remember the specs on it, but I know it's quality is around the range of a Gforce 4750 model, and I was wanting to put something a lil newer and better in. Any suggestions here will do me good.

Lastly I want to upgrade my ram. Right now my MB can support 8Gb of ram. Now here I'm not looking for which ram chip to go with, I'm looking for a company you would recoomend. Over the years I've used Corsar, but if you know a better company to go with please let me know.

I just want ideas, or comments. Thank you all very much for you help!

AJ

well, wed be able to help you pick some parts if you listed some additional info, like your budget, some model #'s of the parts you're looking to upgrade like your mobo and your psu also.

Well right now my budget is in the wind. All I'm doing right now is trying to find parts to look into. I'm not going to upgrade right away, all I'm trying to do is get recommended parts for upgrade like what parts did you use that you thought where great in your computer.

with all the parts out there for computers it realy can be a realy hard descision as to what to choose for upgrades. in reality it all depends on what your budget is and what your intent is for using the computer.
to give a good response we need to know some more information

i like corsair g.skill or crucial for ram
right now you get more for your money going with ati grafics cards
processor wise id go with amd because the intels are quite pricy tho they do out perform the amds tit for tat ur gona spend less and get more with amd
asus and gigabite are good name brands for mobos tho you can get away with going for a cheaper no name brand mobo if the namebrands are to much

i would say look around on newegg and and before you buy nething look at the reviews for that item to c what problems might happen

in this day and age there are so many choices in the hardwear department
ati grafics cards give you the best performance for money
the saphire card that was mentioned above is a good deal for the price
g.skill, corsair, crucial are all good choices for ram
processor wise your going to get the best bang for your buck with amd
they have a hundred dollar quad core tho its am3 i believe so you may have to up grade your mother board to use it
in that area id go with a good namebrand like asus or gigabite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom