partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont have any files backed up i dont need any files on my pc like photos music etc.... if thats what u mean? if not then how do i back them up? then once i back them up i take it i delete the partition froms my pc to get it back running how it should?

thanks for all your help

Sorry, but your reply wasn't that clear. Do you have files that you need to back up, or are they not important enough to back up?

Ok, so if you don't care about losing any of the data, then just go ahead and delete all of the partitions and reformat. Boot off of the XP disc and follow the prompts until you get to the screen that shows all of the partitions on the drive, then press D to delete them all until it only has 1 large chunk that says "Unpartitioned Space" (or something similar). Then follow the rest of the prompts to reinstall XP. Make sure you have all of your drivers available to you (go to the manufacturer's website and download the most recent ones).

my xp product key has faded from the bottom of my netbook? is there a way round this?

Yes, from what I have gathered from the thread, you need to reinstall XP and start over that way.

Make sure you do a Full NTFS format, and not a Quick format or a format to FAT32.

yep done that thanks!!! ... is there a way around the product key at all? i dont have the box or that from when i bought the laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom