Ram Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenningsad

Beta member
Hey everybody,

I'm currently researching an issue I have with my main computer. I built the machine 2 years ago, and it had an issue with the ram chips I got for it, but it didn't bother me too much, since I was only running a 32-bit OS. My problem is this. My motherboard instructions says it's capable of maximum 8Gb ram, but I'm only installing 4Gb corsar ram chip. Whenever I install all four chips I get 1 Long beep followed by 2 short beeps. After finding this out I tried to see if removing my installed video card would solve the problems, but I wasn't so lucky. Now when I pulled out 2 of the ram chips my computer would work fine, but to be honest I want to be able to have 4 in it. If anybody has any ideas or solutions please let me know. Also I just recently thought of some ideas, and wanted to get some second opinions.

1) upgrade my 32-bit OS to 64-bit, since 64-bit can manage ram much better then 32-bit, it might resolve the issue, but not sure (Plan on upgrading either way, but I want to try to get my ram issue solved before that.)

2) Change ram chips from corsare 1028Mb Ram to 2048Mb Ram since I know the first two slots work fine.

Your help will be greatly appriciated!

Thanks

AJ

If each stick is installed by itself they work fine?

Is it only one channel of two slots not working?

If so bad slots on the board. If you want 4gb go 2x2gb in the working slots and go 64bit to fully utilize them.

Yeah I was thinking it might have been a slot issue two. I just didn't want to go out and buy the 2Gb ram chips unless I was certain of it. I'll probobly end up doing more test on the ram issue and see if there is another solution (ie upgrade video drivers, bios, ETC) But more than likely I will end up upgrading my ram chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom