problem with image transfer from camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevkap

Solid State Member
Hi,
I have a Dell Inspiron 531, it has amd athlon 64 X2 dual Core Processor 4400+ 230 GHz with 1982 mb ram, this does seem small.

When trying to transfer images from my camera they are always distorted. I am using the usb cable to transfer. It does not matter if I use windows explorer and drag and drop or if I use the camera software to import. The average image file size is 30mb. I have tried to transfer images to other pc's and laptops and have no problems, they all turn out fine. It is only when transferring to this once pc...

I had picked up a cple bad virus and thought that was causing it so did a complete restore reformatting and all. I am running vista home premium.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks, Kevin

Hey Kevkap,

Can you see the photos on your camera as not distorted on the display? Can you describe what you mean by "distorted", is there a chance your camera is just on it's last legs?

Have you tried using a different USB cable and a different USB port on the computer?
After trying that, if it's not the problem, what kind of graphics card do you have and drivers?
If you are unsure, click..
Start>run> type dxgiag> click on the display tab> and its the name and manufacturer.

No, the images are not distorted on the camera. By distorted I mean, colors faded in and out, lines through the pictures. I thought it may be a display issue cause now all of a sudden my monitor is acting up ( has a bright green line running down it about a third of the way from the left side) but the images are messed up when I print one as well. Have tried multiple usb cables, can't try the sdcard as for some reason the card reader has stopped working. The pc is not even two years old.

The camera is less than a month old, a $1500 Nikon 7 megapixel and as I mentioned I can transfer the images to any other pc ( several friends desktops and laptops, and sons laptop) and they are all fine, it is just when trying to transfer them to my primary pc.

I will Check the name and manufacturer in a bit.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom