hey guys im desperate please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivan chaos

In Runtime
I am building a computer for a friend and i got a package deal from newegg as well as a few other parts. Well all of the parts i bought were..

Hard drive (I'm curious to see if this is the problem)
Processor
Motherboard
Ram
Video Card
DVD Drive
PSU is a stock one that came with the Raidmax Smilodon case
those are the main components ..

Now for the issue.. I pulled all of the parts out of the boxes and everything was fine.The only thing i questioned if it would work was the HDD because as all newegg shoppers know they don't package HDD's the greatest. Anyways, everything looked great i had all the parts so it was time to start assembling. i checked all of the standoffs just in case one may short out the mobo because of the fact that its a micro atx inside of a full atx case( I'm pretty sure). so after i checked that i installed the MoBo and the ram/processor/PSU. i did a check to make sure it all posted( forgot to bench test it) but everything worked fine. Soo... I installed the HDD into the case along with the DVD drive. for a test to make sure it still posted i turned it on and it posted and of course gave the disk boot failure thing due to no OS. So.. i then went to install vista on it.... i set the bios to..
First Boot Priority - CD/DVD drive
Second Boot Priority- HDD
Third - HDD

so i saved and restarted waited for it to start installing .. but with my luck i am now staring at a PC that posted and sat at "Boot from CD/DVD :" ...so i waited a few seconds to get this error : DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" my immediate reaction was "ohhhh (word i cant say) my life" so i thought the HDD. instinctively i RMA'ed it seeing as it didn't work in my pc and wouldn't initialize. So i got the new HDD. This HDD shows in the bios of both my computer and the friends computer. but still the same issue. i tried installing on it on my PC aswell as there PC. same error everytime. so i tried trouble hooting and i went to seagates website did there troubleshooting thing( initialized it and formatted it through vista) it now shows up in " My Computer" and i can use it. ....................still cant install on it though. so i was wondering your guys's advice/opinions.. maybe a bad boot sector?

idk.. all of the help would be greatly appreciated.. and i mean GREATLY appreciated. TYVM in advance guys/gals... you guys have helped me so many times before lets hope for 1 more time lol . sory for the long story ><

Hmmm, from the reviews I've been reading looks like it seems to fail sporadically.

Basics:
1) Try a different Sata port.
2) Are you setting the same HDD to 3rd priority?
3) Disable SMART HDD monitoring.
4) Reset your Bios settings.
4) Clear Bios (warning may damage motherboard proceed at your own expense) < CMOS chip = be careful sauce

I would suggest testing a different hard drive (specifically IDE) to see if It is the mobo. Also maybe try a different cable (but prolly not the answer).

tyvm guys im trying now ill update with the verdict. yeah i have noticed that they love to fail aswell. and i read a few reviews on the motherboard that "its the biggest fail of gigabyte" along the lines of that. so far i tested an ide HDD and it sorta worked it just gave me a " corrupt system file insert system disk and repair" error wich make sense in my head due to the fact that its not the hdd for that rig.

Edit: none of it worked v.v .... hmmm I'm so confused I'm going to trash the HDD after i test mine in that pc

Im gonna sleep on it bro and do some research on the morrow, see if I cant get an answer, look on here later at about 5-6 might have something posted. :) gl again.

Yeah in order to boot from cd you need to press any key when it says
" Press any key to boot from cd/dcd ".
Then it will get you into the windows installer.
It sometimes does only show it quickly, so you might have to be fast.

Sounds like the boot disk failure is because after it doesn't boot from CD, it then tries the hard drive, which,.. obv doesn't have windows on it so won't boot.

Sorry it took so long to get back i had to work late today... lol work is lame ... but yeah anyways..

I think that message is from the windows installer and is preceded by "Press any key to" unless you hit something it is going to try the next boot device, the HDD, which obviously doesn't have an OS on it yet.
it doesnt give me an option to press any key to continue. Thats my biggest issue it like doesnt even show that theres a dvd in it and its a brand new vista disc(Legit) The DVD Drive is brand new aswell as the disk and the dvd drive works on other computers ><

Yeah in order to boot from cd you need to press any key when it says
" Press any key to boot from cd/dcd ".
Then it will get you into the windows installer.
It sometimes does only show it quickly, so you might have to be fast.

Sounds like the boot disk failure is because after it doesn't boot from CD, it then tries the hard drive, which,.. obv doesn't have windows on it so won't boot.
I am going to try removing the HDD as a boot priority in general... ill get back on that.

Yha make sure your disk is clean.
Disk is brand new :(. The disk also works in my laptop perfectly so i dont think thats the issue.

Im gonna sleep on it bro and do some research on the morrow, see if I cant get an answer, look on here later at about 5-6 might have something posted. :) gl again.
thank you very much bro :) im still trying to figure it out.

I am thinking my mobo may be bad. i am not sure it seems like it doesnt like to allow either of the new sata HDD's to install. The HDD's also work on my rig fine as backup. sooo... i am wondering if there is some sort of a SATA driver issue? I am a bit rusty on my tech stuff so bear with me. Thank you all very much for all of your helpful posts i appreciate it so much :) looking forward to hear your guys's opinions on my theory.

As I said on the phone like 5 times, I put my money either on the board, or a SATA driver issue within windows 7. Try slipstreaming some drivers to a vista disk, or getting a windows7 boot disk.
OR linux backtrack4 and run the bios update and see if that helps.
MOD PLS REMOVE IF THIS IS AGAINST TOS. Its linux so I'm confident that its not, but if so...

Remote-Exploit.org - Supplying offensive security products to the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom