Right click and windows explorer has stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of those situations that you could most likely troubleshoot to a resolution, but reinstalling Windows is likely to be a more efficient solution (read faster). If you want to continue troubleshooting, are you getting any errors in the event log yet?

Still no errors in the error log, but i have noticed a few things, file thumbnails no longer show up, and icons on somethings no longer show up, like when you bookmark a page and in your bookmarks it shows the page then the page icon, like if you bookmark a youtube video it has the youtube icon next to the bookmark, it no longer does that, just something i noticed the other day, I'm running at a 1920x1080 on a GT9800 1 gig, I'm going to turn down the resolution and see if anything changes.

Another thing i noticed is that after the error happens for a few minutes i can right click, maybe for about 2-3 minutes then the error pops up again, i changed the resolution and for now i can right click again, another question i have is, how could the resolution cause this error to happen?

Nope nope, it worked up until now, then when i clicked on start to open something, BAM! got the error...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom