YAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main voltages you want are the vcore, the QPI/DRAM, and (when you're going for higher OCs) the PLL voltage.

When you get to really high OCs then you'll probably need to enable load line calibration, and maybe mess with the CPU differential amplitudes.

If you look in the BIOS, it has like a color coding, when you raise the voltage so much, it will turn green, then red. Try to stay just below green.

aha! I knew it wasnt the CPU making 3dmark crash. I guess my 4890 doesnt like 1.38v anymore... I need better vreg cooling.

Are you getting any BSOD? Are you running With or Without VDroop (1st voltage setting in your bios). The QPI/DRAM voltage Soul mentioned is called CPU VTT on the EVGA mobo.

My i7 920 is running Without VDroop (you'll get lower temps, I only use With VDroop at higher speeds, aka 4.6GHz and up, and with extreme cooling aka Phase).

My vcore is at 1.30625v and my cpu vtt is at +250mv. Don't go over +400mv, below +350mv is best. Increasing the cpu vtt increases your VReg temp. Keep this below 70dC under load. If it get's to 80dC your system will shutdown. I have a Koolance waterblock for the E758 VReg/Mosfet if your interested. I'll sell it cheap :D

Raise your VCore
BSOD 101 "Clock Interrupt not received from Secondary Processor"
LinX errors happen within 1 min of LinX
LinX produces BSOD within the first minute

Raise your CPU VTT
BSOD 124 "general hardware failure"
LinX errors happen only after 10 min or more
LinX hangs but does not BSOD
LinX reboots without BSOD

Hmmm. I may take you up on that... But I need to get another pump first. If I add anything else to my loop it will really be pushing my CPX-PRO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom