ive made my final choices for upgrading my comp. please respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it should all work. Don't forget that fan and heatsink i linked above, that is crucial.

Did you already order the parts? The motherboard only supports up to 333 MHz on the FSB, so you can't really ever upgrade to an Athlon XP 3200+ if you wanted to. Plus, that's expensive for a motherboard that doesn't go up to 400 FSB. I got mine for at least 30 bucks cheaper. Also, for the heatsink and fan, I'd recommend the Coolermaster Aero 7 or Aero 7 Lite. I think it would work better.

man wtf?? seriously what kinda mobo should i use?? im dont use the computer games or anythelse. just surfing and downloading thats all. i do, should i really a get a video card for a mobo without one???

do you guys want me to get this mobo or what ABIT "KV7" KT600 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU -RETAIL help me do some shopping people.

So you won't be playing any games at all, literally none? Just purely for downloading and internet surfing and whatever else?

::Edit:: What parts will you be using that you already have and what do you need to buy new?

lol man. Like my PM said. Go with the 35w 2400+ XP-M like lazerman also suggested, or if you're really that unsure about overclocking then go with the 2400+ you originally wanted. I don't know why lazerman is always referring heatsinks when he more importantly needs a good motherboard :rolleyes: but I suggest you get the NF7-S2G board. The ABit boards make it easier for you to overclock, plus with all us here you should have no problem. That NF7-S2G board has 400FSB but doesn't have that onboard graphics, but it would be a better purchase in the long run to get the NF7-S2G. Yes you will be able to move over your Power Supply assuming it's an ATX Form Factor PSU.

Dude, if you're just going to be net surfing and downloading, there's no reason to overclock your CPU. I don't know why everyone suggests it, but it's not something you have to deal with.

yeah im not gonna be doing alot of gaming on the computer, thats why i have gamecube for! ill just play regular games that dont require that much of an expensive graphics card.

PizzatheHut06 said:
Dude, if you're just going to be net surfing and downloading, there's no reason to overclock your CPU. I don't know why everyone suggests it, but it's not something you have to deal with.

i might over clock it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom