Serias new PC build YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
6) Newegg figured you'd be happy with integrated sound but here is the link anyway :tongue:
ooooohhhhhh.... input devices... well played sir :p

2) you might need i7 if you want to max out multi-gpu's potential
k, so... sticking with this CPU ^_^
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 Wolfdale 2.66GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

yay! ^_^

BTW I am still anti ultimate edition (OS-wise):cool:
I know ^_^ I still love you tho :p

Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
&
Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V version 2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC ... - Retail

$240 w/free shipping on both and $20 MIR
>80% efficiency!

Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920 - Retail
&
EVGA E758-TR 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

$529 W/free shipping on both and $10 MIR

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM - Desktop Memory
$140

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
$35 w/free shipping and $15 MIR

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-LGA1366 LGA 1366 Core I7 Socket Retention Bracket Set - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
$10 w/$5 MIR

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
$70 w/free shipping (OS drive)

Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
&
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

$215 w/free shipping on both (data drive)

Newegg.com - XFX HD-587A-ZNF9 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
$390 (due in 10/31)

Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD/CD Rewritable Drive - CD / DVD Burners
$30

Total = $1659 w/$50 MIR. And it would be completely freaking amazing.

EDIT: Just saw your above post. You want to stay with a E8200? And are you wanting a sound card?

EDIT: Just saw your above post. You want to stay with a E8200? And are you wanting a sound card?
I don't know what I want for the GPU, but yes, I do want a sound card. im still lookin around at what you posted in your last post ^_^ you're too fast for me :p

PSU
whats the difference between that at this? Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies I need to learn these things so im not so helpless

MOBO
anything about this mobo I should pay particular attention to? Selecting a mobo is prolly my biggest weakness.

RAM
whats the difference between those and these?
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ - Desktop Memory

THING ^_~
whats this used for?

HDD
wow a 1TB HDD huh? I wouldn't even know what to do with that :p my current comps only got 160gb total & im fine... ^_^ but hey... this is my fun new toy... I'll think about it ^_^

GPU
are you saying to just get one of these rather than 2 tiny-bit-smaller cards?

OPTICAL DRIVE
lol, thats the same optical drive I put in my wish list ^_^

SOUND CARD
here's where I get with narrowing down the sound card search before I'm not quite sure where to go yet.
Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,Input Devices,Sound Cards,Creative Labs,7.1

PSU:
$5, mainly. The Antec has four 12V rails @ 25A, while the Corsair lists one @ 60A.

Mobo:
It supports SLI and CrossfireX (three PCI-E slots), plenty of SATA ports. All current i7 boards use the x58 chipset.

RAM:
$6. 8-8-8-24 timing vs 9-9--9-24 (lower is better). One looks cooler.

Thing:
Used to mount the cooler, as the LGA 1366 is not native to most coolers on the market.

HDD:
More is better. The Black series are very fast and great for OS drives. The Green is more power efficient and better for files.

GPU:
A single card solution is always better than a multi-card one whenever possible. With the 5870 you could always add another one or two down the road, or mix and match another ATI card(that is possible now). The 5870 is the best out for now. The 295 is a touch faster, but more expensive and last gen.

Optical:
Great minds thing alike.

Sound Card:
I defer to those who know what they are talking about. ;)

You have the core contact retention bracket but no core contact :p Rest looks good

I'd still recommend the corsair PSU over the Antec, a single rail just means one less thing to worry about. And it comes in a nice felt bag.

And holy crap microsoft office 07 is $430?... Could try using Open Office and save a butload of money. I actually prefer it to office 07, less symbols, more basic sorta, easier to use IMO.

Onboard audio is probably fine too, sound card seems kind overpriced but its your call. I personally can't tell the difference between onboard and a card, though my friend can. All depends on your hearing I guess.

You have the core contact retention bracket but no core contact :p
if you're talking about the lil tube of paste stuff, I have some
And holy crap microsoft office 07 is $430?
oh, that's just something I added to give me a more accurate appearance of a final price cuz I still need to think about things like: all the shipping, a new keyboard, mouse, a case and im prolly going to need a new KVM switch. etc...
as for Office 2007, I can get it from work for less than $100 and I am also getting Adobe CS4 for only $10 from where I work as well.
Onboard audio is probably fine too, sound card seems kind overpriced but its your call. I personally can't tell the difference between onboard and a card, though my friend can. All depends on your hearing I guess.
I have some really nice speakers and onboard sound just doesn't work for me.
I'd still recommend the corsair PSU over the Antec, a single rail just means one less thing to worry about. And it comes in a nice felt bag.
I may still go back, I have a few things I really need to think about. I honestly had no idea i'd rack the bill so high, so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom