Strange things with my video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
I have been having strange happenings with my video card. In gaming (bf1942dc) and internet browsing randomly my video card refreshes or something. The screen freezes, but the computer does not lock up. Its about a five second pause, the screen goes black, anc changes resoulution, then changes back to my orginal setting. This is very annoying.

This began recently after I oced my 9600. I only had it up 10MHz on both core and mem. And after this problem I have clocked it back to the default, and to just 10MHz above the default. And this occurs on both istances.

What could be causing this, and what options do I have to fix it? Is my card on the way out?

Thanks for the help.

More than likely this isnt the problem,,, but it could be your monitor. I have seen many go bad and this be the symptoms. Well wait nm, you say it only happens when you are gaming right?

How about regular Battlefield? Try that? Desert Combat I know has had some Graphics issues that will be resolved in their new release...but if BattleField 1942 works fine, you know its the DC that is the problem.

Otherwise I'd check ATI drivers.

Yeah, it does something similar with me when I load up Rise of Nations. The screen goes black, then changes resloution to really big (600x800?). What's up with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom