Suggestions on how to cool my newp.c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kehhh, you don't need credit do you. I still don't see how it works. I'd need $500 dollars to put on it wouldn't I? unfortunately I do not have it=[

If you don't have money how are you planning on buying this computer? Retailers don't generally accept drawings of spiders as a form of payment....

Landlords don't either :p That guy is hilarious btw, spent a whole afternoon reading all the stories on his site.

But as others have said, with a simple pre-built like that there is no need for cooling. Not much point in upgrading either. Easier to just save some money for another couple months and buy a whole new system.

well if you buy from a store you're generally going to be overcharged for the same parts you could get online. So if you wanna pay more to get the same stuff, then by all means go ahead and ride on over to a store and buy a setup...

it isn't funded by me. im not going to just take 500 dollars and put it on a card, just to have the sastisfaction of shopping online.

x0r8s4.jpg

I'm sure that whoever is funding it has access to credit/debit/paypal...

And we aren't talking about satisfaction, unless you want to get totally boned, buying computers and parts online is the only solution.

If you're just going to buy this computer, tear out the power supply, buy a new psu, buy a gfx card, and then assemble it again. You might as well have just bought what you wanted in the first place and saved yourself some money.

I never said you HAD to put $500 on a prepaid card, just that it cost $3 for up to $500 and like $12 for $501+. You could find out exactly what you want/need. Get it completely priced, and then go to the store, and pick up a prepaid card, instead of paying the huge premium of buying parts at stores.

Fairly expensive is relative... Alot of us have 3-500 dollar video cards.

Okay, using Canada computers, I get this:

Canada Computers - Motherboards > Socket AM3 : MSI 785GTM-E45 Socket AM3 AMD 785G + SB710 Chipset ATI Radeon HD4200 Graphics with HDMI/DVI Port Dual-Channel DDR2 1066/800Mhz 6x SATA 3Gb/s 7.1- Channel HD Audio GigaLan PCI-Express 2.0 Support AMD Quad $87.99
Canada Computers - Cases > Mid Towers : Cooler Master Elite 330 Mid Tower Case w/420W PS. $69.99 with a 420psu, which is a decent psu.
Canada Computers - Memory > Desktop Memory > DDR2 800 PC2-6400+ : OCZ (OCZ2P8004GK) DDR2 PC2-6400 Vista Performance Platinum 4GB (2x2048) Kit Dual Channel. $83.99

The above costs $235 and tax.

Now heres were you start getting the choices:

You can get a lower cpu, like the 240 at 69.99 and a gpu like an ati 4670 for 83.00
Canada Computers - CPU > Desktop AMD Processors : AMD Athlon II X2 240 (65W) Dual-Core Socket AM3, 2.8GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 45nm (ADX240OCGQBOX).
Canada Computers - Video Cards > PCI-Express Cards > Powered By ATI : Asus EAH4670/DI/512M ATI Radeon HD 4670 Chipset (750MHz ) 512MB (2008Mhz) DDR3 Dual Display PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card.

Which comes to $384 before taxes. CC has cheaper prices if you pay cash too and theres a couple mail rebates, so its bout 20 bucks less.

OR which is smarter in my opinion, not get a gpu yet, and use thge ati 4200 onboard and get a better cpu like the x4 630 for 149.99
Canada Computers - CPU > Desktop AMD Processors : AMD Athlon II X4 630 (95W) Quad Core Socket AM3 , 2.8GHz, 2Mb Cache, 1800MHz HT, 45nm (ADX630WFGIBOX).

This comes to $367 angain before tax and a couple rebates.

Then you can save up for the ati 4670 or better video card, and not waste your cash in useless parts.

Now, the parts are subjective to the store you goto.

Also this is my rare attempt at a build, so someone check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom